Sponsored by British Restoration Corporation
After more than two decades of speculation and anticipation, 2019 is finally the year for AHSTC to ‘take the plunge’ at the Jersey Shore.
Early Registration is now closed.
Philadelphia Region has made arrangements with the City of Ocean City, New Jersey to hold Encounter 2019 along the most popular stretch of their famous boardwalk. Known as “America’s Greatest Family Resort,” we have been able to contract with the Flanders Hotel, considered by many to be the grandest shore hotel south of Atlantic City.
We have the opportunity to rent 60 of their privately-owned condominiums, fully equipped with living room and kitchen at the discounted rate of $159.00 per night. The greatest density of boardwalk attractions is located along several blocks in both directions from The Flanders, situated at 11th Street & Ocean Drive.
The Flander’s public spaces have a Gatsby-like ambiance. Picture yourself relaxing with friends in the historic and elegant lobby or along the second-floor promenade right near the Board Room where Hospitality will be held. Emily’s Restaurant serves delicious lunches and dinners. Your room rate includes special walled-in parking for your Healey across the street. Check out the website – www.theflandershotel.com. The city and businesses are looking forward to hosting our key events:
- Popular Show will be held on the Boardwalk a few blocks from the hotel. It features a police-escorted promenade from town. Our cars are in full view of the general public, who will be very interested in learning about LBC’s. Many have probably never seen a Healey.
- The car wash will be hosted by the fire company at their downtown station!
- The largest public parking lot adjacent to the boardwalk is being made available for our khanas. It will give us the most running space ever….and these events can be viewed from the boardwalk!
- The beaches are uncrowded and ocean water should be at peak season temperature. The Flanders has a fresh-water pool.
- Club-sponsored meals will include beer and wine. These drinks are included in your registration fee.
- The rally and optional self-directed driving tours take you past sights along the Jersey shore to Cape May, at its southern tip. There will be time allocated for taking in the town’s signature Victorian homes and charming downtown sights.
- Opening night will offer a Dolphin Watch and Sunset Cruise boat tour at a nominal charge around the Cape May peninsula. See the sights from a different perspective – a view from the water. Pizza, Hot Dogs and Soda included in tour. Other items available for purchase. capemaywhalewatcher.com
Additional event information HERE.
THE DATES: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22- THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
Registration forms are available. Please note that hotel reservations cannot be made without providing your Encounter registration number. The Flanders has made provisions with another nearby hotel for overflow reservations.
The Flanders & City hosted the Porsche 356 club’s East Coast Holiday last October- over 180 registrants attended, and gave all the hotels arranged by the Flanders great reviews. They rated their event in OCNJ one of the best ever. Our Encounter Committee has greatly benefited from the assistance their club has provided us in preparing for this event.
Join the Philadelphia Region “Driving the Boards in Ocean City, NJ” at Encounter 2019. There’s no better place for our AHSTC “family” to gather than America’s Greatest Family Resort!!
STEP 1 – Fill out your Vacation Requests NOW – This is a Sunday through Thursday event. (The Flanders will extend the discounted rate of $159.00 for Thursday night as well if you would like to stay an extra day).
STEP 3 – After you receive your Registration Number, Call The Flanders Hotel at 609-399-1000, and make your reservation. Your Credit Card will be charged 1 nights stay to hold your reservation.
DON’T DELAY – THERE ARE LIMITED NUMBER OF CONDOS AVAILABLE AT THE HOST HOTEL.
Tuesday Buffet Dinner – September 24, 2019
Southern Fried Chicken and BBQ Pulled Pork
Cole Slaw – Potato Salad
Mac N Cheese
Hush Puppies and Corn on the Cob
Cookies and Brownies
Beer & Wine
Coffee & Tea
Wednesday Awards Banquet – September 25, 2019
Tomato Basil Concasse, Kalamata Olive Tapenade, Sun-Dried Tomato Goat Cheese, White Bean Hummus Served with Crostini, Pita Chips and Gourmet Crackers
Mixed Field Greens wrapped with a Cucumber Accompanied by Craisons and Crumbled Blue Cheese (on side) Balsamic Vinaigrette
Herb Crusted Tilapia – Roasted Shallot Cream
Prime Rib Au Jus
Accompanied with Chef’s Potato and Vegetable
Beer & Wine
Coffee & Tea